4/15/08

post show wrap up ...

A really big thanks to everyone who made it out to Costa Mesa for "They" last Saturday. The show was amazing, and I got a lot of positive feedback about my pieces. Plus I got to meet Paul Frank, which was really cool.

On top of all this it was also my first foray into live-painting, which is something I'd always been a little skittish about, but the piece I did actually came out pretty good and it was a nice change of pace. 'Change of pace' is actually a good way of describing it. Most of my paintings take an average of 40 hours to complete, so it was really intense trying to go from sketch to finish in something like 30 minutes. All in all though, I had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to the next time someone offers me the opportunity to live paint.

Unfortunately with all that was going on in Costa Mesa, I wasn't able to make it out to Alpha Cult in Long Beach for their Fixed $100 show. Which is a real shame too, as I just found out I sold two of the pieces I submitted. Thanks to everyone at Alpha Cult for their continued support, I'm really sorry I couldn't make it out to the show.

Anyway, I'll try to get a hold of pictures from "They" for your viewing pleasure. Till then stay tuned, I've got some tiny pieces in the works that should be wrapped up fairly soon. Toodles.

No comments: