5/15/08

Fresh Start Sketch ...

I must apologize for the almost super human amount of laziness I have exuded of late. I've been doing a lot of sleeping lately, which most people would assume is a good thing, but I beg to differ. Of all my vices, sleeping is the only one which denies even the possibility of working. By example I can drink a beer and paint, but I cannot draw with my head on a pillow. But these are just excuses, and I promised you sketches and sketches you shall have ...

I apologize for the sub-par quality of the image, but the drawing is a whopping 14"x36", which more than dwarfs my diminutive scanner. Thus the badly retouched photos.

Heres a close up on the character. This cute little dude is just waiting on the bus, hoping it will take him somewhere better. This is the first piece I've started for a featured show next year. Why start so early? Becuase I hope to get about 20 paintings done for the show, and pieces like this one might take me a month on their own.

No comments: